Stop the ride I want to get off...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

a little pain is fun, but this is no longer a joke...

Sorry about the long time between posts, had a bit of a set back thanks to a UTI, at least they think it's an infection. It could also be a haemotoma, don't you just love what an exact science medicine is. Anyways, feeling like someone is poking red hot needles into your side is not conducive to blogging. Hopefully by Monday they will have this figured out. Onto something completely different...

My Secret Pal (a knitting thing) sent another parcel. Her timing couldn't have been more perfect. A lavendar wheat bag that has joined my wheat bear in providing relief. Then this beautiful Noro Blossom wool, that Amy took one look at and started drooling. Suffice to say it will be turning into a Christmas pressie for her. Oooh some snowman xmas decorations to make with the kids. If I forgot something please blame the drugs I am on. I love this game, it's like Xmas when the postman knocks the door and hands me a parcel. I only hope the person I am spoiling is feeling the same way about my parcels.

So this morning, in an effort to ignore the red hot needles, I swatched for a curly wurly scarf for Amy. Started out with 6mm needles, but that was too stiff, then tried 8mm needles and that was perfect. Trouble is this scarf involves starting with 120 stitches, then increasing so that by the sixth row you have 480 stitches. So I need to get a large circular needle. For anyone interested in a really simple scarf to knit, if you can knit you can make this... go see the Curly Wurly Blog. I'll add it to my blogroll.

This afternoon I'm going to carry on with the sleeve of the cream cardigan. I'm also at the point where I start shaping the heel of the second sock. But may hold off on that till I'm not on these woozy pills.

I have to say knitting has saved my sanity these last three weeks. Not being able to get out normally drives me nuts, but knitting keeps me busy and I'm sorting out my Christmas present buying too.

Anyways that's what's going on, I'm here in spirit, if not in text...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home