Stop the ride I want to get off...

Sunday, December 18, 2005

holiday meme...

Holiday Getting to Know Me!
(Shamelessly stolen from Brighton, who stole it from Kel)
Welcome to the 2005 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

Here's mine................

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Uh what is egg nog, have to go with hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Father Christmas leaves his presents while we sleep, they are always wrapped in different paper to our personal pressies.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white

4. Do you hang mistletoe? only the artificial stuff, the real stuff is too poisonous

5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends on life, usually start the second week of December and gradually get it all done. Just finished today this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? bread sauce home made or bought

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Age 16 telling mum we'd do the lil ones pressies, and we left santa's magic dust all the way up the stairs. Mum was not impressed, we used a whole pot of glitter, she was vacuuming it up for months.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Truth? You mean that he isn't really married, and that he holidays in Vegas? After I read Raymond Briggs Father Christmas books.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, but I always buy a book each for my kids with a Christmas theme and we read it at bedtime. This years look fun.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Uh cookies? We always leave him a mince pie and a glass of port. Plus an apple and a carrot for Rudolph. I think I have a picture of the kids doing this since Amy was two.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, want it, never get it sigh.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, takes me a while to warm up but yes, better on roller skates.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My grown up charm bracelet, hubby who was boyfriend then had my baby charm bracelet made into the safety chain of the grown up one.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure everyone has a good time.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas pudding made to my Grandma's recipe.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Full English Cooked Breakfast with Bucks Fizz in the morning.

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful angel I bought in Houston.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Choosing what to give, trying to pick just the right pressie is what I like.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Come all ye faithful

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Ugh yuk, my teeth are cringing at the thought.

Feel free to take the baton and post this on your blog, I think Brighton is as interested as me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home