Stop the ride I want to get off...

Monday, February 06, 2006

training has begun...

So what do I need? Track pants? Training shoes? Nah....

I'm stocking up on plenty of yummy snacks, bottles of wine and so on. For I am taking part in the 2006 Knitting Olympics. To coincide with the Winter Olympics over 2000 of us will be casting on and knitting for our craft. To find out more click on the sidebar button. I'm looking for some cheerleaders to keep me going.

Each of us has set ourselves a challenge, mine is to finish the three cardigans I started knitting for myself. If there is one thing I hate about knitting, it's the finishing off part. So I am getting in shape for the games.
Over the next few days I hope to get uploaded photos of where I am, lists of how far I have to go and a general order of work.

As part of the training time I am finishing off baby clothes for my friend, knitting myself a second pair of socks and trying to find the fourth sock of a set of four trainer socks so I can block them all.

I'm also battling unbelievable tiredness, I've not felt like this since I was on chemo. I can't seem to get over it, I may just have to take a week off of life to catch up. From my reading I think this is to do with the hot flushes I am plagued with. Sudden onset menopause is a real barrel of laughs. Apparently it messes with your REM sleep, I can tell you it messes with my ability to be tolerant of hubby's snoring. What are the statistics on wives murdering snoring hubbies and does it correlate with larger numbers doing it during menopause.

So that's where I'm at, that and nursing George back to health, he too has been hit with the virus that is plaguing everywhere. He's loving being ill... he feels so special. Fortunately so far, none of us has started growing feathers, cheeping or asking for seeds for tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home