Stop the ride I want to get off...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

sleep, kids and holidays...

It's the Easter Holiday here, that means the kids are off school for two and a half weeks. At first this sounded wonderful and the first three days were great. We got out the crafts, Amy invited two friends round and I taught them what I had learned the week before. We made Easter cards and watched DVDs.

But riddle me this, in term time getting Amy and George up in the morning is like waking the dead. When holiday comes around, George is waking me up at some unearthly hour to ask questions. How does he do that? Amy is already moving into teenager sleeping patterns, if we see her before ten we take her temperature. There is one really wonderful bonus to holidays.

Usually I get up first let Jinx out, make a mug of tea and commune with it for ten minutes. Then begins the rounds of yelling up the stairs to remind folks to get up. Jinx and his mate Jerry come to school with us some days, most days Jinx comes with us for the ride, worried that I might not walk him. Then the dogs get walked and I crawl home and collapse for an hour. But in the holidays...

I get up, usually the same time, as hubby is a noisy soul when he gets ready for work. I sneak down, let Jinx out, make a mug of tea, by which time Jinx is back and waiting by the door. We head up stairs, throw the old blanket on the bed and snuggle down together for another hour or so of sleep. Bliss...

Tomorrow my best mate and partner come to visit... WOOHOO! Kids are off to wear out their grandparents for part of the day, and tomorrow night Amy is having a sleep over... that means no sleep for anyone unless they are wearing earplugs or I borrow a gun.

I plan on putting some new photos up soon, maybe just a post of photos to catch y'all up. For now I need to sleep... last night I was messing with beads and time ran away, when I looked up at the clock I couldn't read it. My eyes were unable to focus passed my nose, after much squinting I realised it was 2.47am... Ooops! Am so tired today, going to bed in a few minutes, night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home