Stop the ride I want to get off...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

Hi guys, sorry just after I vowed to come back and blog regularly I lost all feeling in my index and pointer finger. Was waking up int he night in agony as it felt like someone was putting red hot needles into my arm. That and my hand was completely dead. Went to Doc who said Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, you need to have a nerve induction study done and maybe surgery. Sod that I thought and toddled off to my Osteopath.. am feeling much better, although last trip it got a little worse but better than before I saw him at all. See him tomorrow, and this time I will remember to put splint back on for the first few days.

For my Secret PAl.. thanks for card, book and e-card. All three times you made me grin...

Here's my questionnaire..

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't have any favourites, I like to experiment. Personally I cannot wear wool, it itches and I come up red raw, but as I am currently doing the City and Guild Hand knitting course I need all the different types of yarn I can lay hands on. Even just a few cms of a yarn with a label identifying it would be of great help when it comes to making collages, and samples for my coursework.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have an old knittingbag just for my needles, and a cheap toolbox for all my other bits and bobs. I have the material to make knitting needle cases but just haven't had the time yet. Was planning to make the ones in Stitch n Bitch.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Since I was 6, I'm advanced in some stuff and beginner in others. But when I set my mind to it I canusually figure it out.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Rose, lavendar... oh and Lush Honey I washed the kids.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love chocolate, hate boiled sweet type things, but am currently watching weight as I am doing a tandem skydive soon.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I have recently taken up beading and jewellry making. I am also hoping to find to scrapbook. I don't spin and don't plan on it, hubby would never forgive me I already fill up too many rooms in the house.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have an ipod so use whatever format that uses. Music I like is uhm... difficult sways about I generally know when I like something but don't have particular favourites, cept Kylie and Robbie Williams, but I n all their stuff.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I seem to like pink these days, used to hate it.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, two kids aged 10 and 11, boy and girl and a Black Labrador who is 16months old and a big softie.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

In the winter when walking the dog I wear anything that keeps out the wind and rain.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Since discovering socks I'm loving them, the plain pattern with the self patterning wool type... I just love watching the patterns form.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Uhm... this is going to be a long list... samples for my C&G course, two pairs of socks, blue aran cardigan, blanket for a baby in squares from Debbie Abrahams books, a big snuggly chunky one for my son again in squares from Debbie's books.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

They are the best of all gifts, time is precious and to make something means someone gave their time up for me.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Mainly I use bamboo needles and only use circulars when apattern calls for it.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

yep, both, love em, use the winder to combine different wools to fingerknit into scarves.

17. How did you learn to knit?

My childminder taught me, stop me getting bored.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

two years?

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Uhm, if this means celebration then Winter Solstice, if it means holiday away from home... then our annual trip to Cornwall.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

not really

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to a few but am waiting for some to start arriving. I always read Knitting, Simply Knitting (subscriber) and I think I signed up for Vogue Knitting and Interweave...

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

crochet.. Fred keeps tellign me it's easy...

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I seem to fit the basic foot pattern, I'd rather not put my measurements here I have weird feet...sigh

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

It was in March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home