Stop the ride I want to get off...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

noonie's back...

I am so sorry, life just got so hectic. After the skydive we went straight into buying and moving house in less than six weeks. I have a beautiful new house, away from all the old memories. Hubby had been pushing for a move for the last few years but I didn't want to leave my support network behind. Admittedly they are only down the road, but it's not the same as them being next door.

Finally this Summer I realised that I was ready to move forwards. So I started looking, this brand new build house turned up and I fell in love. Mainly with the kitchen, it is a kitchen that just makes you want to cook. Kids and I made mince pies, cookies etc for Christmas. We haven't done that in a long time.

My final total fundraising, after the Gala Dinner I was asked to organise a raffle for was £10,000 for Cancerbackup. I was so proud of myself. I am now fundraising for Cancer Research. Though how you top a tandem skydive I don't know.

I've been trying to work out why I have found it so hard to sit down and blog these passed few months. Finally I realised that I was worrying about boring the non knitters with knitting posts and the knitters with non knitting posts. So this afternoon I have made a decision, you can all work the scroll button, so I'll jsut post what I need to and let you decide if you need to read it or not.

I am trying to get some order back into my life. Wait, no, not order routine. I need routines, I can so easily waste a day, a week, even a month without even noticing it passing. I don't like this about myself. I need to learn to have some self discipline and knuckle down to the jobs. I have some big ideas for running my own small business but at this rate I'll have retired before I've started, or someone else will beat me to it.

How do other people manage to blog everyday? Do they have a timetable, a list of topics? What about getting anything done if you're a stay at home mum like me? It's so easy to get home from school drop off and just sit in front of the TV. Tips, hints and naggings all gratefully recieved...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home