Stop the ride I want to get off...

Monday, September 03, 2007

summer's been busy, and wet...

I just spent the weekend in my home town as it was my sister's wedding. Spent the week before manically baking and icing cakes but I managed it and the results were good and appreciated. Then took my mum and brother to the zoo for the day on the Sunday. That was nice too as spending time with my mum is a nightmare as she smokes like a chimney, at least at the zoo we were all outside so there is plenty of fresh air.

Today is last day of the Summer holidays, tomorrow George has to go into school for an hour and a half to see what its like, he starts senior school this year. My baby is eleven and all growed up.. well kind of. Amy was thirteen... I repeat THIRTEEN on Friday. This is not possible, I cannot be the mother of a teenager. Although she's been acting like on for years. We went to see sing-along-a-sound of music with some friends, all dressed up it was brilliant.

Today I plan to clean the house from top to bottom while George is out at a friends. Amy has begged to go out for the day tomorrow, so I have said only if she helps me all day today. Ahh blackmail and bribery the essentials of modern parenting. if all we achieve is to get everything back into it's rightful place it will be a miracle. Wish me luck....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home