Stop the ride I want to get off...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Do I feel foolish...

Put my back out pushing shopping trolley round the supermarket Easter Weekend. Had to wait for weekend to be over to call Osteopath, many painkillers later I went to see Claire... miracle worker, I won't say I skipped home but I could tell she had fixed the problem and once the various bones etc had found their right places it would be good.

I decided to go fetch something from the top floor... on the way down the stairs I slipped... four steps later and a loud scream I am on the floor at the bottom of the stairs being helped by one large black labrador... Jinx french kisses from someone who licks his nether regions is not helpful... two teenage kids... now I know they care... and I realise that the thing that is hurting most is my little toe.

I realised that as I slid to a halt at the bottom of the stairs my toe had impacted, with all my weight behind it, into the door frame. Son took off my sock and I examined the toe, it appeared to now be made of jelly (jell-0) much to my horror. Amy and George got me downstairs and Amy taped the toe to the other one.

So much for the trip to the osteopath, I ache all over and my toe is now developing the most awesome of bruises. I can walk on it, but not for long. I want to go swimming but am nervous about the effect of this on toe.

I guess I need to rebook to see Claire at least someone is getting something out of this.

For my next trick...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jammie J. said...

So sorry about your toe. For such a small appendage, they can sure bring about big pain.

Swimming with an injured toe, well, I did... I just didn't use the injured foot to kick, it kind of came along behind the rest of the action.

1:10 am  
Blogger noonie said...

went swimming tonight, managed 24 lengths and toe did twang a bit, but not as bad as when frien's dog stepped on it this morning. Sigh... still it's not broken according to hospital just bruised...

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home