Stop the ride I want to get off...

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Something I hope to do in my life...

Oh this one was so easy... one day I hope to hold my daughter's child. Shh I didn't say that out loud... don't tempt the jinxes.

But when you've had a daughter go through chemo, radiotherapy and you watch her grow up into this beautiful girl you do wait with almost baited breath. We know there is a chance she might not be able to have babies. But we've asked enough of her Docs to know that it's only a chance. Let's get this in focus, when she was ill there were often chances she wouldn't live. She is still here today.

In the end, you just have to live for the moment. We've discussed it, the Doctors and I have emphasised that while her chances of conceiving are less than most, it is only really the length of her fertile years that we hope has been affected. So she needs to start early... "Only not too early, I don't want to see you in here pregnant at 15" one Doc said to her. I almost got whiplash nodding that day.

We don't know if any of the drugs she had might have damaged her eggs genetically. But again that's luck of the draw and hasn't she shown us what she thinks of luck of the draw?

So yes, I'm waiting for that day and I will sob buckets of joy, tears escape now, tears of pent up fears I suppose. But if we end up having to support her through adoption there will be the same tears of joy for that baby too. I just hope she has an easier ride of it than I did.

I hope to hold my daughter's child in my arms one day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait to see pictures of that one day :)

7:39 pm  
Blogger noonie said...

me too... apologies to anyone reading here.. normal service will resume after the School Christmas Fayre next week... I am organising it and until Saturday evening I am going to be going slowly mad.......

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home